A few days ago, Sauti za Wananchi launched a brief report on citizens' views on the early months of President Magufuli’s administration. We usually invite various TV, radio and print reporters to join us in the official launches of these reports in order for the findings reach a wider audience. This time in particular, the launch our research brief titled The People’s President? Citizens’ assessment and expectations of the fifth phase government, attracted a lot of media presence and hence we received a very wide media coverage throughout the country. Here is a highlight of of the coverage:
On the evening of the launch, news regarding the research brief was aired via news bulletins on TV1, ITV, Star TV and TBC1. Radio stations that covered the brief were Radio Uhuru, Times FM, TBC Taifa, Clouds FM, Radio One, RFA and E-FM.
For most print and broadcast media, the main focus was on the approval ratings for President Magufuli and for MPs. Uhuru, Habari Leo and The Citizen made this a front page story.
The Guardian covered the fact that over half of the citizens did not disapprove of any of the president's actions; while the other half disapproved of some. JamboLeo focused on President Magufuli's approval ratings in relation to other African leaders while Mwananchi and Mtanzania covered the questions that citizens were interested in asking their leaders.
You might also like...
- Twaweza in the news | Democracy, dictatorship and demonstrations (6 Oct 2016)
- Clean and Safe? Water, sanitation and hygiene in Tanzania (20 Mar 2017)
- Consultant needed: formative study for Sauti za Wananchi poll in Uganda (15 Mar 2017)
- Going without? Household economics in Kenya (13 Mar 2017)
- Opinion polls in Kenya | Are people listening? (9 Mar 2017)
- Minibuzz series: Half empty or half full? (19 Oct 2016)
- Minibuzz series: Towards the referendum (17 Oct 2016)