The findings of the Uwezo Tanzania report received wide coverage in the Tanzanian press -- on radio, TV and newspapers. It did not make the lead headline in any of the papers, but was often the main story on page 2 or 3. Interestingly, the story was depicted in different ways, including in one instance where the headline claimed that great progress had been made; after all it is political season in the country! In some cases informal political pressure may have prevailed from giving the findings more prominence. Read more here on how The Citizen covered it, and below on coverage in the other papers. Bloggers and facebookers may also wish to follow several active discussions on the findings taking place in their respective platforms.
Tanzania Live News (Source- Nipashe)
You might also like...
- More media reports on Uwezo findings (6 Oct 2010)
- Uwezo Annual Learning Assessment Report creates media buzz in East Africa (13 Oct 2011)
- Celebrate Twaweza! (20 Jan 2015)
- Uwezo at Harvard (30 Apr 2012)
- Whose business is development? Experts in open society (3 Nov 2011)
- New Uwezo report rings alarm in East Africa (4 Jul 2011)
- Uwezo Kenya to launch 2011 National Assessment Report July 19 (20 Jun 2011)