Ugandan radio station TRAC FM’s unique approach to citizen engagement on topical issues is being recognized around the world for its part in empowering citizens. Voice of America profiled the station, which is supported by Twaweza, in early February. Radio listeners are encouraged to call into the show or send a free SMS on issues ranging from health care, public transport, and foreign aid to the state of roads. Read more.
You might also like...
- Educating children critical for future of Uganda (15 Nov 2011)
- Proportional representation would save Uganda billions (2 Jun 2011)
- Makutano Junction gets nod in New York Times (16 Feb 2012)
- Policy Commitments: Is Uganda serious? (15 Nov 2011)
- Pressure to double capitation grant in Kenya mounts (15 Nov 2011)
- Successes shouldn't dig grave for Museveni (11 Nov 2011)
- Uwezo Annual Learning Assessment Report creates media buzz in East Africa (13 Oct 2011)